PUBLISHED ON NOV 15, 2021
The Things to Do Now To Set Your Business up for Success in Q1
There’s no denying that this has been another record-breaking year in tech. From mega-fundings to the constant drumbeat of IPOs, there’s lots of opportunity right now for high growth startups– which means it’s also increasingly challenging to break through.
As we near the end of this year, now is the time to make sure that your company is well positioned for success to end the year on a high note and capture those upcoming news moments to kick off 2022.
Here are a few ways to get started.
- Refresh your strategy: The landscape is always shifting, which means your strategy needs to as well. What worked well? What didn’t? What new channels should you be looking at that weren’t relevant a year ago? Remember Clubhouse, where did that go? Content continues to be important and newsletters are booming. And don’t forget to take a close look at the competitive landscape.
- Review your messaging: When it comes to messaging, the most important factor is ‘relevance.’ Why does what you are saying matter right now? And with the business landscape changing at warp speed, it’s important that your messaging keeps up. What are the topics that are most top-of-mind to your industry, and how are you addressing them? As the year winds down, take a critical eye to this very question.
- Be forward-looking: This is a great time of year to make predictions about what’s next in your specific industry or vertical. Think about future trends and how they will shape the next phase of your brand story. Whether you’re pitching these predictions, or using thought leadership as a vehicle to share your point of view, what matters is that you weigh in on what you think will happen– and do so with confidence.
- Share case studies: The media is always looking for tangible examples of success. One of the best ways to prove that your brand is delivering what it claims to be delivering is through case studies. Just make sure that the case studies clearly explain the problem at hand and how your brand is specifically addressing the issue. Quotes from clients help provide the third-party objectivity that reporters are seeking.
- Continue posting content: Now is NOT the time to stop your content output. If anything, it should remain like clockwork as during the rest of the year. Use your owned media channels, like your website and social media, to share some of your earned media highlights. Continue to produce red hot content to end the year with exciting media results.
- Update your website: Website trends are constantly changing, so it’s a good idea to refresh your website at least once every two years. If a total overhaul is not in the cards right now, just make sure that your content is concise and on target with your messaging. Sometimes just changing out images and re-wording headlines can freshen up your website between major revamps.
- Think about 2022: It may go without saying, but now is also the perfect time to start finalizing your communications plans for 2022. Make sure that you talk to your communications team about your goals, priorities and expectations for success. Brainstorm ideas together and collaborate to construct a plan that will help you start next year on the right track.
Maximizing the impact of your brand’s PR efforts is critical throughout the year, and Q4 is no exception. The above checklist provides some great ideas for continuing to build buzz in the media as well as connections with your target audiences. It’s up to you and your communications team to make them an integral part of your plan now and into the future.
How to Leverage PR for Sales Conversion
After strategic messaging sessions and thoughtful conversations with the media, your PR team has landed you some impressive news coverage. Finally, your company’s story has been featured in the publication you wanted! Aside from giving your PR team kudos, what do you do next? Two words: content amplification. Content amplification helps you stack the deck […]
Some Fall Events To Keep On Your Radar
When you think about Fall, you may think about foliage, pumpkin spice, or apple picking. But Fall is also one of the busiest times in the events industry, bringing together the biggest minds in tech to delve into the hottest topics. Having presence at these influential events is an important part of any company’s marketing […]
Fall Book Picks: What You Should Be Reading Now
Our recommendations for summer book picks were so popular that we wanted to provide our top picks for the Fall. Here are some of our recent faves and what we enjoyed most about the stories: The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles provides a unique perspective on the role of a library throughout history, specifically […]