Building Visibility For The Fund That’s Changing How Founders Think About Financing
What It Is: A hybrid investment firm that provides founder-friendly credit and equity, along with strategic support, to top disruptors in e-commerce, enterprise, and fintech. Upper 90 was started by Billy Libby, the former Head/of Quantitative Execution Sales at Goldman Sachs, and Jason Finger, the Co-Founder and CEO of Seamless. The fund is backed by more than 300 LP’s.
How They Are Different: Upper90 is the first fund to identify and execute an investment approach offering credit and equity, along with significant operational support and marketplace expertise, helping portfolio companies gain market share faster and much more efficiently. It also has an emphasis on businesses that are acting as digital franchisors by consolidating subscable brands by providing operating leverage and marketing expertise.
What’s Grabbing Attention: Upper90 has backed some of the fastest growing startups around including Thrasio and Clearbanc. In April 2021, Upper90 raised a $55 million equity fund to focus on ecommerce aggregators. This is in addition to the $195 million fund Upper90 announced in December 2020.
How We’re Helping to Spread the Word:
- Coverage in Tech Crunch of the new equity fund.
- Discussion of Upper 90’s investment approach in Business Insider.
- Profile of Upper90’s investment thesis in Forbes.
- Spotlight on Upper 90 founders in Seed 100 top investor list in Business Insider.
- Showcasing thought leadership on the future of ecommerce with top outlets like Financial Times and Modern Retail.
- Appearances on multiple podcasts including LendIt, SoarPay, BankOnIT and Wharton FinTech.